The FMB turbo 5-65 is a magazine for bar diameters from 5–65 mm which, like the smaller model variants, works on the principle of two-stage feed that characterises the turbo series. The swivelling pusher means that a very compact, space-saving construction can be achieved. The solid machine bed of grey cast iron also ensures the necessary stability, especially for the precise machining of larger material bar diameters.
The V variant has moveable guiding segments that are automatically set to the required material bar diameter, thus preventing the need for refitting the guide channel inserts or changing the pusher over wide ranges. The proven benefits of the hydrodynamic bearing effect of the oil-flushed channel are not affected. After inputting the material bar diameter on the control panel, the guiding segments in the channel set themselves and the stops of the material bar separation system are automatically moved to the required position.
Area of application:
Single-spindle lathes with up to 65 mm nominal throughput gap, intended for the permanent processing of medium-sized to large diameter ranges or the occasional processing of small bar diameters.
Where lathes are used for material bars with frequently differing diameters, the turbo 5-65 V variant model provides an optimum solution for further production efficiency increases.
- Short design based on a two-stage feed principle (swivelling pusher)
- Fast, simple changing of the inserts for efficient adaptation of the guide channel to different material diameters.
- Highest possible guide quality and vibration damping by the use of polyurethane inserts, combined with a solid machine bed of grey cast iron.
- Optional V variant with automatic diameter adjustment of the guiding segments in the channel and material bar separation by means of inputs on the Control panel.
- Optional XT variant with precision linear drive enables bars to be fed without the need for a stop, with great accuracy and high feed speeds.