The small-diameter champion!
The MultiSwiss 6×16 succeeded the MultiSwiss 6×14 and customers were quickly won over by its technology and features. Offering many advantages, this easy-to-use machine has the same footprint as an automatic turning machine with sliding headstock, but is 5 times more productive, producing high-quality parts with excellent levels of precision and impeccable finishes. These benefits have not gone unnoticed and some 200 MultiSwiss 6×16 machines have already been sold.
Eight spindles for even more options
Equipped with eight spindles and eight slides for main operations, and housing up to three tools per slide, the MultiSwiss 8×26 takes the performance of the MultiSwiss range to a new level, both in terms of complexity and productivity. Thanks to its eight highly dynamic synchronous motorspindles and ultra-fast barrel indexing, the new MultiSwiss 8×26 can produce turned parts, achieving very high levels of productivity.
Its powerful 11-kW motorspindles boast a high torque (16.1 Nm). Operating independently, they are all equipped with a C axis, including the counter spindle. Reaching speeds of 8000 rpm in only a few tenths of a second, they make a major contribution to the machine’s performance. The maximum length of standard parts is 65 mm. As an option, the machine can be equipped with Y axes to further boost its workability. The machine is available in three configurations: without Y axis (entry-level); with three Y axes (intermediate); with six Y axes (complete) for the most complex parts.
32 mm, 20 Nm, perfect for large diameters
The MultiSwiss 6×32 shares the same base as the MultiSwiss 8×26 machine. It is equipped with six independent spindles with hydrostatic bushing and can turn bars up to 32 mm in diameter. To achieve excellent machining conditions at these diameters, the 11-Kw motor has an increased torque of 19 Nm. The maximum spindle speed is 6000 rpm and the maximum part length is 65 mm. As an option, the machine can also be equipped with three Y axes.
MultiSwiss 6/32 Chucker
Ultra compact, ultra efficient and ultra quick
The new MultiSwiss 6×32 Chucker is capable of machining parts from 5 mm to 50 mm in diameter.
It delivers three key benefits:
- The spindles allow different clamping systems to be used for push collets, pull collets or chucks.
- This means that it is possible to grip parts which are larger than 32 mm.
- More compact machine body to conserve floor space • Integration of through-spindle cooling
High-performance automation system, less than 6 seconds for loading/unloading operations With the same kinematics as the MultiSwiss 6×32, the MultiSwiss 6×32 Chucker has six spindles, and can be equipped with up to three Y axes, and four secondary operation tools. Part handling, cleaning and measuring can also be integrated into one elegant, compact, well-designed solution.
Internal and external handling
A complete range of handling options adds even more value and autonomy for customers who turn to the MultiSwiss 6×32 Chucker as their chucker machining solution of choice. Two different loading systems are available:
- Unloading can be performed via the back spindle as with a standard MultiSwiss machine.
- Unloading can also be performed with a robot either out of the main spindle (no need for secondary operation) or from the secondary operation if the user prefers palletisation of the part. When the robot is used for unloading and palletisation of the part, a swivelling carousel is used and separates the machining area and the palletisation unit, where a second robot loads and unloads from the swivelling carousel, thereby ensuring a faster, cleaner solution.